Thursday, June 4, 2009

How fast can you get to Disneyland?



Grace's cousin, Jillian, turned six yesterday, and to celebrate her birthday she went to Disneyland. Grace really, really, really wanted to go with her, but she still had school this week and we didn't want her to miss the last day. We also didn't want Steve to have to miss too much work. (Yes, I did say work. He has a job. A real job. Where they pay money!) In the end we decided to make a super-quick trip.

We left Tuesday after Grace's graduation and drove straight to Huntington Beach. We hung out at the beach, bought some yummy peaches from a farmers' market, and ate dinner at Wahoo's. (And neither of our kids threw up this time!) Yesterday we went to Disneyland all day and then we drove home last night. Whew! We're all a little tired and cranky today. Hopefully one of these times we'll be able to take a trip to California for more than one day.

6 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

You guys need a season pass to Disneyland. How fun!! Quick trips that are spur of the moment are pretty fun. Grace looked so cute at her graduation. That is awesome that they had the cap and gowns. Abigail would have LOVED to lean the hoe down throw down. I even think it would be kind of fun to learn. You should have grace come and help teach at the line dancing class.

Meridy said...

I'm so glad that you got to go and had fun!!

Boyce Bunch said...

WOW!! I am amazed! We have to get the girls together next week! My parents are here visiting until Tues!! Yeah Summer!!!!

sara said...

I was looking at that pier thinking it looked like HB's pier. How funny! I LOVE Wahoo's!! Grew up on that place. Yum. I'm glad you had a fun, quick trip!

Charisse said...

So fun! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Grace is going to be in 1st grade! Time flies, when you are having fun!

Elizabeth said...

Thought I'd check in on ya since it's been a while. I'm glad your hubby has a job. That makes things easier. Looks like you had a fun trip. Your family sure is growing up. Do you think you'll have more kids?