Thursday, May 15, 2008

One year down, two to go!

Steve finished his first year of law school today. YAY! Way to go Steve! The first year was a challenge for all of us, but Steve really did a great job. And the next two years are supposed to get a little better. Let's hope that's true!

The last three weeks have been consumed with intense studying for Steve, so we'll be glad to have him back for a while! We did okay though. We only had one call to poison control and one call to 911!* And we only ate frozen waffles for dinner once. :)

*Side note: The call to poison control was when Roman ate some anti-bacterial soap. That turned out to be no big deal. It will only make a child sick if he eats more than a mouthful. The call to 911 came in St. George when Roman was playing with the phone. I heard someone answer and I went to grab the phone. By the time I got there he had disconnected. So then the phone rang and it was a 911 operator calling to make sure we were okay. I told her yes, and explained what happened. I must not have been too convincing though, because the next thing we knew the police were pounding on the door! I guess that's good that they're so thorough, but I felt bad for wasting their time!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I had to laugh at your 911 call. That happened to me once when I was little at a birthday party. Even though no one meant to do it, we all got a good talking to. Kinda bummed out the party though...

Charisse said...

How much fun at your house! That cracks me up the Cops came. Wish I could have seen it. I love the show Cops!

Grace is such a smartie! Sorry we couldn't get together today. We will have to do it again sometime!

Kate said...

I called 911 for reals this week, but everything is okay and then I felt like a dork for calling. Oh man.

I can't believe you guys have been gone that long. One year down must feel really good!

Deborah said...

Okay Kate, now you have to tell me why you called 911.