Friday, January 9, 2009

Ah, Mexico!


Last month Steve's family took us on a cruise to Mexico for our Christmas present. (What a great present, huh?) We had a fantastic time. It was eight days of endless food, free babysitting, and sunny weather. What more could we ask for?


We stopped in Acapulco, Zihuatanejo and Manzanillo. Our favorite stop by far was Zihatanejo, where we had a local guy take us in a boat to the small island of Ixtapa. It was gorgeous. The sand was soft, and the water was warm and clear. Grace surprised us by getting into the ocean! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.


We also had four days at sea. Normally, I'm not a big fan of the days at sea. But after taking care of my kids, (one of them an extremely active two-year-old boy,) almost completely by myself for the few weeks before our cruise, (finals for Steve,) I was in desperate need of a break. And the days at sea were great. We dropped our kids off at Camp Carnival and relaxed. Ah! Just what I needed!


Grace and Roman had the time of their lives. They had three cousins to play with and it was a non-stop party for the kids. Roman was very excited when on the sixth day he finally realized that we were on a ship. He was looking off of the deck with Steve and all of a sudden he turned to Steve with an amazed expression and said, "We're on a boat ride!"

Anyway, it was a wonderful vacation. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! What a fun trip!! Great present. Roman is looking so old. Good to hear from you!

Meridy said...

That was so cute: "We're on a boat ride." Glad that you guys had so much fun :)

And...I'm glad that your charges were dropped! Congrats. :)

Sierra said...

I didn't think I'd ever want to go on a cruise....but after reading this I think you almost have me sold! That sounds sooooo nice!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we're up the road on that corner lot. I didn't know you lived in here too!

HammondFam said...

How fun! I love cruises, they ROCK! We are leaving on a cruise out of Miami next Saturday, and are headed for St.Thomas, Nausau, and St. Martin...I can't wait! Good bye 50 degree weather and hello warmth!!

Kristi said...

thank you for reaffirming my deep desire to take a cruise with my kids. bob doesn't think it sounds like fun, but I can't think of a better way to travel with little ones.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great trip. It looks like you had so much fun. I love cruises more than anything in the world. They are the BEST vacations. The camp carnival rocks. Abigail never wanted to leave. Cute pics!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, how fun! I have never been on a cruise. One of these days. What a generous gift. I'm glad you had so much fun.